The Green Energy Economy
Through the Green Energy Act, Ontario has made a commitment to diversify its electricity generation, removing the need to rely on any single source. Energy from nuclear, wind, solar and hydro are all a part of Ontario’s energy future. Pattern Energy and Samsung are excited to work with the Kincardine community to build on its energy history and be a part of Ontario's new green energy economy.
Supporting the Kincardine Economy
Significantly contributes to tax base with estimated $500,000 annually benefitting:
- Municipality of Kincardine
- Bruce County
- Bluewater District School Board
Contributes to community with commitments for the life of the project:
- Samsung and Pattern Energy are always seeking ways to be contributing corporate citizens and neighbors in the communities where we build projects. The Armow Wind project committed $13.6 million dollars to the Municipality of Kincardine as part of the Armow Wind Project Community Benefit Program.
- The program includes a $1 million contribution to the Kincardine Airport for their use to improve local operations and $12.6 million into a Community Benefit Reserve Fund over twenty years.
Creates job opportunities:
- Up to 200 jobs during construction period
- Up to 15 permanent positions during operations
- Subcontractors experienced in civil work (grading, excavation, and concrete), electrical work, and mechanical assembly
- Typical personnel requirements include construction managers, electricians, heavy equipment operators, and general laborers for assembly and civil work
- Skills of project managers and operators include computer literacy, inventory management, job and equipment scheduling, performance record-keeping and data processing
- Maintenance personnel generally need to be proficient mechanics or electrical/electronic technicians